Please join us for the end of summer Social E Expo from 4:30-7:00 pm on Thurs, Sept 22, 2016. This will be a celebratory evening with light refreshments. Each of our teams will share their experience testing and implementing their products and services that were developed in the 2016 Design for Extreme Affordability course and then further developed over the course of the summer with support from the Social E Lab program.
This will be an expo-style evening with an introduction to the teams at 5:30pm. We will be celebrating the accomplishments of our teams, including:
- EarthGrow // a reliable and readily accessible structure for mushroom growing to be used by farming cooperatives in Rwanda. Developed for their partner Kigali Farms, this stand-alone model helps to increase yields, by keeping the growing environment cool and humid while protecting mushrooms from contaminants.
- ShonaHold // an affordable positioning tool that delivers high-quality postural care for children with physical disability in southern Africa. Built in partnership with Shonaquip.
- Super Habla // a cleft-specific speech therapy program designed for use at home by parents with their child after cleft-repair surgery. Built in partnership with ReSurge International, it provides parents an effective and engaging way to improve their child’s speech without access to a therapist.
- d.burn.d // an affordable, scalable, behavior-impacting acute burn care training program to address the severe lack of medical knowledge that exits in ERs across Nepal. Developed in partnership with surgeons in Nepal with support from ReSurge International.
- ReSearch // a platform that allows surgeons in low and middle income countries to track their patients' data longitudinally, with the aim to improve patient outcomes as well as the quality and quantity of surgical research. Developed in partnership with surgeons in Bangladesh with support from ReSurge International.
Location: 3rd Floor of the Zambrano Building, Knight Management Center, Stanford's Graduate School of Business. Parking and directions may be found here. RSVP below.
For any questions, contact Nell Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650 724 6376.