For our 2022 program (Jan-June) we are seeking new partner organizations in the SF Bay Area that can be described as being:
// SOCIAL MISSION DRIVEN
// FOUNDED OR SUPPORTED BY STAFF FROM THE COMMUNITIES THEY WORK IN OR PROVEN HISTORY OF RECEIVING ONGOING COMMUNITY INPUT
// CONNECTED AND TRUSTED WITH THE POPULATION THEY ARE SEEKING TO HELP
// AT LEAST 1-2 YEARS WORKING IN THEIR FIELD WITH WELL-ESTABLISHED TEAM
// RESOURCED TO IMPLEMENT ANY SOLUTIONS THAT MIGHT RESULT FROM A COLLABORATION
If you know of an organization that may be a good fit and interested in engaging with a student course, please submit their name through this form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be collecting partner recommendations over the next few months and plan to contact well-suited candidates for initial conversations starting in August 2021.
WHAT DO EXTREME PARTNERS DO?
- Work with Extreme staff before the class starts to identify a challenge area that could be useful to the organization and the people they serve
- Collaborate regularly with a student team from Jan. to June
- Host staff and students who visit the organization’s project sites throughout the partnership
- Serve as the main connection for students to the people and communities they are designing for
HOW DO EXTREME PARTNERS BENEFIT?
- Work on an important innovation that addresses a current challenge their organization or community members are facing
- Gain exposure to a new way of problem solving through human-centered design
- Gain new insights into the needs of the population they are working to serve
WHAT DO EXTREME PROJECTS LOOK LIKE?
- In the past 18 years of the course, we’ve worked on 167 projects all over the world, ranging from products or services in healthcare, environmental justice, education, housing, criminal justice, etc.
- In 2021, we started partnerships in the SF/Bay Area and plan to continue to do so in 2022.
- As projects for the course, we are seeking problems or opportunities that your organization…
- would be enthusiastic about and has time to support
- is interested in either implementing directly or having developed for your community
- has some foundational insight into, but just hasn’t had the time to explore further. In other words, how would you answer ‘if only we had more time or personnel, we would …’ ?
- is not dependent on for any critical services, strategy, or strict timeline
- believes would be of real value to the community you serve. Don’t worry about it being too mundane or ordinary!